Saturday, July 05, 2008

Jolyn's 33rd birthday and my 80's nostalgia. Today, my wife turns 33! I've got the fat free cake thing going already, since she won't eat anything else. Love you baby and happy birthday from me!

Since hearing about my 20 year high school reunion (yes, I am that old), I have been thinking about the greatest decade of music to ever transmit over radio. So here is my list of the 10 best songs of the 80's (the love ballads are for you Jolyn; I have converted her):

Someday - Glass Tiger
Your Love - The Outfield
What Does It Take - Honeymoon Suite
Boys Of Summer - Don Henley
Come On Eileen - Dexys Midnight Runners
Africa - Toto
Tainted Love - Soft Cell
Tarzan Boy - Baltimora
I Ran (So Far Away) - A Flock Of Seagulls
Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard

Geez, I have a lot more songs in mind. These are just what quickly came to mind. I will definitely have to revisit this subject. I don't even have Rick Springfield, Richard Marx, Bryan Adams, Alphaville, Hall & Oates, Men At Work, Depeche Mode, Howard Jones, The Police, Duran Duran, Dire Straits, Tommy Tutone, Air Supply, Jackson Browne, Survivor, Van Halen, Kajagoogoo, and the list could go on, and on, and on.

1 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

Loved "come on eileen" and "pour some sugar on me". I was listening to a totally 80s station in my friends car over the 4th. Loved it!!! Treg hates 80's music. Haven't been able to convert him. I think Erasure was one of my favorite 80's bands.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home